343 W 44th St,New York, New York 10036, US
+1 (212) 767-0223 firstname.lastname@example.org Hotel Website
Level 1 Contributor
Excellent hotel, very clean room, central location. A good breakfast saves you from spending more money. Its very attentive and helpful employees, in short, 100% recommended.
If you are looking for a good hotel in Times Square, I highly recommend this hotel. The staff were very polite and helpful. We stayed for two days, but we felt at home.
Excellent location, very good breakfast and very friendly staff.
Good experience and great room for 3 nights in Manhattan NYC. The room was clean and staff were friendly. Amazing price for the location if you want to be within walking distance of Times Square and Chelsea district. Shocked at negative reviews.
Detailed Version (plus tips):
I booked this hotel for just $93/night through the Wyndham app before taxes about a month before a scheduled trip taking another young person to New York City for the first time. There were zero ratings at all on Google at the time and the Wyndham app had no reviews listed either. I actually called the hotel to ensure it was a correct listing and luckily they told me it was correct and the hotel had JUST opened.
As our planned vacation date approached, I looked up the hotel and was saddened to see a 1 star rating for this hotel on Google as the first 5 reviews rolled in. Luckily, I noticed a recent review mention that if you book through the Wyndham App, you will be booked into a room in the basement by default and they said they called the hotel and were able to move to a higher floor. Sure enough, at check in, they told me by default the room is in the basement, but moved us to a fifth floor room upon request after asking nicely.
I braced myself for the worst, based on the Google reviews. I was very pleasantly surprised at our room. Everything was clean and neatly presented. We had a comfortably large space, especially for what I've heard about Manhattan hotel experiences. We spent 3 nights there, mostly of course spending the day running around, exploring the city. The hotel was our little private place to come back to and relax after each exhausting day and this hotel served us wonderfully in that capacity. You can get to Times Square in mere minutes of walking. You can also get to Hudson Yards and check out the new Vessel, The Highline, and explore the newly completed "Tiny Island" all for free if you don't mind a bit of walking.
I suggest stopping by a nearby Walgreens pharmacy and picking up a case of waters/sodas/drinks towards to beginning of your stay if you're planning on staying multiple nights since the rooms have mini fridges and you'll be drinking a lot of fluids to stay hydrated.
If you're looking for great places to eat at nearby, check out:
- "Angelina Bakery NYC" for amazing pastries, especially in the morning,
- "Acuario Cafe" for an amazing meal deal in NYC: $5 for a chicken rice and beans bowl at lunch time M-F
- "Los Tacos #1" just down the street maybe 1 minute from the heart of Times Square. Amazing food you won't forget.
- The breakfast is just a brown bag of simple items like fruit, granola bar, container of orange juice, etc. I was expecting a hot breakfast.
- The location, being near Times Square, is a but noisy if you're a very light sleeper. We are both heavy sleepers that enjoy going to bed with the TV on for instance, so it didn't bother us one bit. I don't think the average person will have any problems at all with the noise, but if you're a person who needs absolute silence to go to sleep, I suggest getting a room far away from Times Square which is busy 24/7 and has an outsized population of homeless and mentally unstable people wandering the street compared to the rest of the city. Just to be clear, this issue is NO WORSE than any of the more expensive fancier hotels literally on the same street. There's nothing the hotels can do about crazy people wandering the streets or an ambulance or police car doing "Woop Woop" sounds at midnight.
Pictured: our view from our hotel room on the 5th floor at night.
Great price for how close we were to Times Square and on restaurant row. Older hotel
Nice no frill joint
Excellent place to stay very clean
The room was nice and clean and the hotel is a good distance from times square!
The staff was really nice and accommodating especially Anil!
Would definitely stay again
The location is excellent
It's located very close to Time Square, and the rooms are so compact.
The room was very decent. We had breakfast with it which is really convenient for visiting New York direct. The hotel is very well located, if you are not on a big budget I recommend it does the job very well!
Excellent I have no complaints the location is perfect the super good treatment
I hope to come back soon
Overall, a great little spot for a budget friendly traveler. Close to all the places so we were able to walk. Staff was friendly and helpful. Due to covid, we were given bag breakfast daily, photo shared. I forgot to snap a pic of our room when we got there, so here is one after we’ve been there 4 nights.
If I had to complain about things this is what they’d be (nothing to cry about but little things): Our bathroom sink drained very slow, toilet would run unless we jiggled the handle and our room fridge froze all our drinks. There were only a handful of rooms on our floor and it could get a little noisy when cleaning began in the mornings but luckily I slept through it. There is one elevator for all but I didn’t have any issues with that, although I’ve seen others complain.
All in all, it was clean, smelled good, no signs of bugs, (all things I feared from other reviews) and if I come back to NYC again, I’d stay here. We are the type of travellers that only need the room for showers and sleep so the frills are not necessary.